Friday, April 2, 2010

A writer Needs to write

Okay, so I'm finally moving into the digital age. I'm starting a blog. As long as I can remember, (and if you count the stories the parents and grandparents tell, even before that), I've been a writer. Before I could write, I was a writer. However, since I had my third child, I've written about 20 e-mails for every thought about writing something. I'm in a rut and of all things, I'm teaching a writing class to impressionable young children. So that got me to thinking. I should be writing with them.
Enter this blog's purpose...for me to write. It'll be my warm-up, my publishing medium and also a way to share family moments with everyone who's not in the group of 15 people we see and talk to regularly. But mostly, it will be an opportunity to express life more artistically than I do at those momements when one child needs help with her homework, another just let in the puppy, who's covered in mud 3/4 of the way up her body, and the littlest one needs his nose wiped, diaper changed, a bottle and a nap all at the same time. In fact, I won't be publishing my exact responses to those moments at all. God knows, I've repented, and he forgives. Praise God!
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are writing. I've kind of stopped since last March! Seems like life happens and some things get put down for a time.
    blessings,
    tonya

    ReplyDelete